
This picture was taken on day 3 after the Really Big Ice Storm here in the Northeast. The cool thing is that by the time I took it, the ice was actually starting to melt. As I stood on the porch on Sunday afternoon following the Thursday night storm, it was very still and all I could hear was the sound of cracking ice (much like pouring soda over ice cubes!). Just imagine that in theater surround sound!
The storm caused huge amounts of damage and extensive power outages for three days. We were fortunate to lose only phone and internet service for a day and counted our blessings that we were able to stay warm and dry. But I have to say that the surrounding area looked like the most amazing ice wonderland (well, except for all the snapped tree limbs!). The ice-covered tree branches were bent to the ground and as one friend said, it looked like everything was bowing. When the sun came out, everything looked dazzling against the blue sky. Very cool. (No pun intended.) But I think that most of our friends without power would have taken warm house over cool landscape any day!
No comments:
Post a Comment