Okay, it's true that I've been negligent when it comes to keeping up with the blog this summer. But we've been BUSY! There may be six people in our family, but we haven't gone 24 hours with all of us in the same place this summer. How is that possible, you ask?! Well, to start with, there's been Scout Camp, Running Camp, CloverPatch Camp, Lake George camp, EFY, Youth Conference, Virginia trips, California trips, Chicago trips.... It's enough to make a mother dizzy (and hoping that she doesn't forget someone, somewhere.) Right at this moment I have children in four different states. But rumor has it that they will all be together for one day before Eric and Melissa head off to BYU at the end of August. I just hope we recognize each other.

Melissa worked this summer at Clover Patch Camp, a summer camp for children and adults with developmental disabilities. She was an AWESOME counselor (judging by her reviews) and had a great time helping the campers. It wasn't an easy or glamourous job, but I'm sure the people she worked with appreciated her smile and positive attitude. And she really learned a lot about working with people who have special needs. We loved hearing her stories!

I know, I know... you'd think that we'd keep Eric close by since we hadn't seen him in two years. But just a couple of weeks after he arrived back home, he headed out to sunny California for a week to spend time with Brandon, Scotty, Michael, Donny, Rob, Mindy, Alexis and Jean. Life is tough. They had a blast together going to the beach, visiting Alcatraz, and generally have fun. I was just happy he got on the plane to fly back to NY. He's going to have a great time with these guys when they're all at BYU together. (FYI, Eric's second from the right in the back.)

Eric, Melissa, Scott and I traveled to Salem, Virginia at the beginning of August and had a great time visiting friends. There is just something about Salem and the people who live there that we really love. This photos was taken the night before we left when we headed for Carlos' Brazilian Restaurant. What a treat! Not only were the food and the view to die for, but Eric had such a great time speaking in Portuguese!
More pictures to follow....
No comments:
Post a Comment