Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

And they're off!



I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but we have been living in this area since 1989 (well, except for our three years in Virginia) and it wasn't until last year that we headed to the famous Saratoga Race Course for the first time.  I was surprised at how fun it was to watch the horses run.  This year, Eric, Melissa and I decided to make the trip to the track again. My favorite thing to do at Saratoga is people-watch!!  You have those who dress up to take in the summer at Saratoga experience, the die-hard betting customers, the casual watchers, etc.  We stayed long enough to watch two races and be grateful that we weren't the betting type! I have to say that it was a fun way to spend a beautiful New York summer afternoon.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is a terrible picture of me. ha ha

Erin said...

Melissa's hair looks amazingly cute in this picture! Wowzers!

Jeff Grandon said...

Does it cost to go?

Kathleen said...

Hey, we saw Melissa and Eric at the BYU game on Saturday. Actually, we saw them through binocular while we were trying to locate Bekah! It was fun to see them - even from a distance! Does your house seem empty now?