Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

And They're Off...



There is something about the Indoor Track season and photography that really doesn't work. Fast action, low light - yuck! So I can't tell you how happy I am that Scott is back to running outside. The weather is beautiful, he's having an awesome season, and I'm one happy track photographer/mom.

Last week, Scott tried out something brand new -- steeplechase. Really, who said, "Let's get kids to run 3000 meters and jump over plenty of hurdles including tall barriers into a huge puddle of water... oh, yeah... and let's time them!"? Truly, I want to meet that person. But once I got over the fear that Scott would trip on one of the hurdles, I actually enjoyed watching it. And a second place finish was pretty impressive for his first try!


This past weekend was the Queensbury Invitational, where Otis and Scott (shown here in the middle of the heat) placed first and second in the mile. It was a great race, with the two boys staying at the front through it all and finishing only 0.5 seconds apart.

(Be sure to click on the pictures if you'd like to see them close-up.)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

whoa. that last picture is so cool!!

Unknown said...

Thought "steeplechase" was for horses!!! Go, Scott, go! Great pics, Sharon!! Mom/Grandma XXX

Stephen L said...

Steeplechase was my favorite track event, almost as fun as cross country. My favorite time was when there was no water hazard, just a kid with a hose who sprayed you after you cleared the barrier. Good times!